The Role of a Work Injury Lawyer in Orange County
A work injury lawyer represents workers who have sustained injuries or an occupational illness. Their role encompasses a range of responsibilities that help to ensure the worker receives the benefits and compensation they deserve.
Determine Benefits Eligibility
Depending on the extent of the worker’s injuries, they may be eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical treatment
- Total or Partial Disability payment
- Permanent total or partial disability benefits
- Future Medical Care
- Job retraining voucher
Advise Clients on Workers’ Compensation Laws
A work injury lawyer in Orange County should be well-versed in California workers’ compensation laws and keep up with the latest changes to the system. An attorney recognized by other attorneys as ethical and knowledgable, such as Martindale Hubbell’s “AV Rating,” confirms a top attorney in the field.
Represent an Injured Worker
If you are qualified for the following benefits, an Orange County workers’ compensation lawyer will:
- Secure effective medical treatment for you, even if that means going to court to secure it.
- Thoroughly document the extent of your injury.
- Secure Temporary Disability payments so you can pay your bills while recuperating from your injuries.
- Document the extent of your Permanent Disability for the Judge.
- Secure the future medical benefits you are entitled to.
- Obtain a job retraining voucher.
- Enter into settlement negotiations to obtain a fair resolution of your claims.
- Conduct a trial if the employer refuses to pay the benefits you are legitimately entitled to.
A qualified Orange County work injury lawyer will serve as your “tour guide” through a complex system.
Key Skills And Knowledge
The more experienced an attorney is, the more likely they will be able to efficiently and successfully get you through your case. Look for:
- Does the lawyer practice many types of law or only workers’ compensation?
- Is the lawyer an administrator who does ads and supervises other lawyers and paralegals, or does the lawyer ACTUALLY APPEAR IN COURT routinely?
- Has the lawyer been recognized as an ethical and knowledgeable lawyer?
- Does the lawyer teach other lawyers how to represent injured workers effectively?
Injured workers should consider hiring a lawyer who limits the practice to workers’ compensation. Thomas F. Martin PLC has been a trusted name in Orange County workers’ compensation law for decades and has thousands of injured workers secure the benefits they deserve. Give Tom a call to schedule your free consultation!